of new state Chhattisgarh in the year 2000, the state government has decided to
create a well planned new city for Raipur. Hence Special area has been notified
under section 64 of Nagar Tatha Gramnivesh Adhiniyam 1973.
The authority thus formed is named Capital Area Development Authority (CADA) which
is now called as Naya Raipur Development Authority(NRDA). NRDA is the nodal agency
undertaking comprehensive development of this Greenfield City.
The authority has Chairman, CEO and other members. Chief Executive officers appointed
by government and other officers and staff working under NRDA organization.
would be a 'green city' in every sense of the term. Large areas would be brought
under tree plantation - Arrangements for water conservation and waste water recycling
- Use of non-conventional energy resources to the maximum.
'NAYA RAIPUR' would reflect the rich heritage and culture of Chhattisgarh and India,
in its urban design and architecture. Special efforts would be taken to make it
a people friendly and visitor friendly city. City design would promote sense of
security and comfort among its citizens, especially women, children and the physically
major components of the authority are as follows:
• Capital Complex to serve as Administrative capital of Chhattisgarh
• New Mantralaya (State Secretariat) and Offices of Heads of Department to come
up in the Capital Complex.
• Residential Colonies (A Township is being developed by Chhattisgarh Housing Board
near Capital Complex at sector 27 on 62 Ha. of land. 2600 Housing units (Villas
and Flats would be ready by 2010)).
• Institutional Area.
• Gems & Jewellery Park.
• Sports Complex.
• Central Business district.
• Logistics Hub
• Software Technology Park.
• Park for light Industry.
• City Park
• Raj Bhawan and residences of Ministers to come up in the second phase close to
the Capital complex.
• The State Vidhan Sabha (Legislative Assembly) to come up in the capital complex
in the second phase.
• The complex has a circular layout with excellent connectivity to rest of the city.
should be made through demand draft/pay order drawn in favour of NRDA, Raipur.
of Right to Information Officer is situated in Admin section, of NRDA, Raipur. All
relevant informations covered under RTI Act can be had through this office as per
the procedure laid down in the Act. Appeal against non receipt of information/incomplete
information can be submitted to the Appellant Authority through RTI Office.
Naya Raipur Development Authority,
Near Mantralaya, Mahanadi Gate,